Quickly and Easily Blend the Toughest Ingredients, Giving you Smooth and Delicious Soups Every Time
Gruyere French Onion Soup Recipe
The addition of nutty, slightly sweet Gruyere cheese elevates this classic French onion soup. Ideal for a cozy dinner on a cold night.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Cook until the onions are caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Combine the beef broth, chicken broth, white wine, thyme, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Bring the soup to a boil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Fill oven-safe bowls halfway with soup.
- Garnish each bowl with a slice of French bread and a sprinkle of Gruyere cheese.
- Place the bowls on a baking sheet and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve right away.
The Soup Book
7-In-1 Soup Maker And Blender
Soups, Stews And More
Electric Immersion Handheld Soup Blender
Yellow Lentil Soup with Scallions and Star Anise Recipe
Homemade Tom Yum Soup Recipe
Chicken Noodle Soup with Parsley Recipe
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe