Healthy And Easy Soup And Stew Recipes, Shipped Right to Your Door
Pigs Feet Soup (Tebichi) Recipe
Tebichi is a traditional Okinawan dish made from pig's feet. The meat is slow-cooked until tender, yielding a rich and savory broth. This soup is filling and ideal for a chilly evening.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours, 30 minutes
- Under cold running water, thoroughly clean the pigs' feet, removing any hair or debris.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Brown the pigs' feet on all sides in the skillet.
- To the pot, add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, and ginger.
- Cook for a few minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Pour in the soy sauce and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and cook for 3-4 hours, or until the pigs feet are tender.
- Any impurities that rise to the surface of the soup during cooking should be skimmed.
- Remove the pigs' feet from the pot and set aside to cool.
- Throw away any bones, skin, or other debris.
- Return the meat to the pot, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
The Pho Cookbook
Super Easy Soups And Stews
The Soup Bible
Slow Cooker Soup Cookbook
Tomato Vegetable Soup Recipe
Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Fall Harvest Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
French Onion Soup with Oysters Recipe